Everyday we feel a lob on your chest, and feel the same thing all over your body.
Sometimes you wonder could it be the same organ that moves blood throughout the body by miles of blood vessels.
The human heart does tremendous work on a daily basis on a brilliant pace.
The human heart still awes biologist and doctors on how intelligent it works. Human bioscience have compiled the top 15 fun facts you never knew about the human heart..
Did you know…..
1. The human heart has enough pressure to move blood 30ft above the ground.
2. Some heavy snorers might have a condition called obtrusive sleep apnea (OSA), which can affect the heart in a bad way.
3. A womans heart beats approximately 75 times a minute while a man’s heart beats approximately 70 times a minute.
4. Cocaine actually changes the heart’s electrical activity and induces spasm of the arteries, which can lead to a heart attack or stroke, even in healthy people.
5. Prolonged lack of sleep can induce irregular and jumping heart beats.
6. The human heart pumps oxygenated blood through the aorta at about 1 mile (1.6 km) per hour. By the time it reaches the capillaries, it is moving at around 43 inches (109 cm) per hour.
7. The human heart starts beating 4 weeks after conception and does not stop till it dies
8. The thump feeling of the heart is occurring when the 4 valves of the heart closes
9. Only about 5% of the bodies total blood is supplied to the heart
10. On an average lifetime, the human heart will pump nearly 1.5 million barrels of blood..And that is enough to fill 200 train tank cars.
11. The heart rate of a foetus is approximately twice as fast as an adult’s, at about 150 beats per minute. By the time a fetus is 12 weeks old, its heart pumps an amazing 60 pints of blood a day.
12. The human heart can beat when seperated from the body if it is supplied with enough oxygen.
13. The human heart pumps between 5 to 30 litres of blood per minute on a daily basis.
14. Although the human heart weighs only 11 ounces on an average, a healthy heart pumps 2,000 gallons of blood through 60,000 miles of blood vessels each day.
15. The average adult heart beats 72 times a minute; 100,000 times a day; 3,600,000 times a year; and 2.5 billion times during a lifetime